Tuesday, January 23, 2007

13 weeks...

an unborn child at 16 weeks

This is an image of a 13 week old fetus from the Westside Pregnancy Resource Center. Why am I showing this? Because this was the hardest part of my night. Last night at work I received a phone call from a nurse requesting on behalf of a family that their un-born baby who did not survive an automobile accident be prepared for viewing. I can't imagine what this family was going through. At the end of the night I had to put the baby back into a container. Holding this little one in the palm of my hand, just made me think about how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away. Make sure you tell someone that you love them today. Give someone a hug. Smile at someone. Make someone laugh. Enjoy every day that you live. Be thankful for every breath that you take.

2 Comments:

At 1/23/2007 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you!!! That had to be SO hard for you...how sad for the family as well. I'll stay up tonight so I can hug you, too!
Love you so much...

 
At 1/24/2007 10:08 PM, Blogger Barb K said...

Oh, Steph,
What terrific reminders of how we need to care deeply for each other. I am sad you had that tough experience but I also know how much it must have meant to those parents to have that opportunity to spend time with their baby.
Love you, Aunt Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home