Thursday, January 25, 2007

Birthday Eve

In just a mere 30 minutes (probably by the time I get done with this) it will be my birthday. In thinking about this post, I randomly thought of a bunch of stuff I could write about. I could write about all of the things that happened this past year good and bad, I could write about the many people I have encountered, I could write about the people and relationships that have been lost, I could write about the traveling I've done. But really I think I'm just going to let my fingers do the typing and not really think about what it is that I'm writing.

Almost 25 years ago I came into this great big world...holding that unborn baby in the palm of my hand on Monday really makes me wonder how I was able to make it this far or for that matter how any of us survives the world in which we live in. Over the years I have learned a lot. And everyday I learn something new. Whether it be at work or just in life. I'm learning to treasure the little moments in life. I'm trying to see the good in everything that comes my way (and sometimes that is very hard).

Since my dad became sick, I've gotten to hang out with him a lot more. I cherish the time we spend together even when we're just watching tv. On Wednesdays, I try to hang out with my mom (usually shopping) and I love getting to spend that time with her. I love that I can share pretty much anything with my parents and they don't judge me they just love me. I love the times that I get to hug my brother. No matter how old I get, he will always look out for me and he will always be my 2nd dad :) I love getting to spend time with my sister in law. We have really good conversations and I'm so thankful that she's in my life. I love reading with my niece. Yes, my niece is reading now. She's so smart for only being almost 5 months old!

I am blessed with the people I work with. We have such a different group of people and yet we're a family. Sure we may fight and yell and throw things at each other but most nights I walk out of work with a smile on my face.

I'm blessed with friends. I love my friends more than they will ever know. Each one of them is so unique and each one adds something to my life. Without them I would be very lost. I would also be incredibly bored :)

I wasn't looking forward to my birthday this year. In fact I was having some serious anxiety issues with it. I just have to keep reminding myself that God is in control and that His plan is soo much better than the one I had planned.

So goodbye 24, and hello 25...

2 Comments:

At 1/26/2007 11:58 PM, Blogger Simply Me said...

love you cush! happy birthday!

 
At 1/30/2007 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and we are blessed to have a wonderful daughter. So caring, thoughtful and loving...I knew your
birthday would turn out to be something special...and I'm so glad
you had such a great time at Bogie's! Love you more thanyou know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home