Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What to do...

What do you do when music doesn't soothe your soul anymore? This is kind of a random question but one I've been aggravated with for about a week now. As many of you know I love music. I can play the air drums really well but as far as real instruments go, I am musically challenged. My music world was turned upside down when my car was broken into and all of my cd's were stolen. For a while it seemed that maybe that was a good thing. It helped me to purge my collection of stuff I didn't listen to. However, there were a lot of things that I like to keep around just for days like this past week.

This past week nothing seemed to soothe my soul. Normally I can pick a cd and throw it in and it fits my mood. No matter what I put in the cd player this week, within a few minutes of listening I was frustrated and not soothed. I tried everything from Nickelback to Linkin Park to Dave Barnes to Snow Patrol to Echoing Angels to random mixes and nothing seemed to put me at ease. And then today while flipping through the radio stations I heard a voice I knew well. Ray LaMontagne. His song "Trouble" playing so softly. Immediately I put his cd in, turned the volume up loud and just listened to the lyrics.

What is it about different kinds of music that puts our minds at ease? Is it the lyrics? Or the voice of the artist? Or is it the beat?

4 Comments:

At 8/08/2007 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

time to update

 
At 9/12/2007 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to post!

 
At 2/07/2008 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you married yet?

 
At 5/21/2008 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

update. update. update. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

 

Post a Comment

<< Home